Update Apr 25, 2022: Our registrations are now full!
Unfortunately, we were not able to offer any table spaces to newcomers this year. We thank you for your interest, and hope you’ll check us out next year.
MiniComi 2022: Please note that we will be considering existing applications from 2020 before we take new applicants.
Applications will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you registered in 2020, please keep an eye on your email inbox.
Reduced availability: in order to maintain physical distancing, we will have a reduced number of table spaces compared to previous events. Those who were previously offered a table space (in 2020) may not be guaranteed one this year.
Time & Location
Date: Saturday, July 9th, 2022
Time: 11am market open – 6pm market close
Location: The Pipe Shop Venue (115 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver)
Full Table (~ 6ft x 2.5 ft)*: $60 CAD
Price includes a $5 VSCIA membership fee. Those who already have a valid annual membership will have this fee deducted from the total price. See the “VSCIA Membership” section below.
Half tables have been removed as an option this year for COVID mitigation reasons.
*Please note that we cannot guarantee that the tables will be sized as precisely as stated. Please design your displays accordingly.
Registration – Transferred applications from 2020
- Artists who are selected for a table space will be contacted via email to fill out an artist information form, to confirm interest and to provide us with updated information.
- After we receive and approve the completed form, we will send an online invoice for your table fee through Square.
- Upon full payment, you will be considered officially registered for MiniComi.
- If this is not completed within the specified deadline, your application will be forfeited and passed onto the next person on the waitlist.
- Please allow us up to two weeks to process and email applicants on their status. Contact us if you do not hear back after two weeks. Be sure to check your spam inbox.
- We only accept online payments for table registrations. We do not accept in-person cash payments.
- Cancellations within thirty (30) days of the event will not be refunded. Please contact us ASAP if you can no longer attend the event.
Rules & Guidelines
- Maximum of one (1) table per artist.
- Maximum of two (2) people per table. Artists may share a table with one other artist.
- Works sold must be created by the artist(s) in some way, and the artist(s) must have the right to sell them. We will allow a few select exceptions, but please email us to inquire about them. Artists may not re-sell commercial / officially licensed goods nor plagiarized / stolen artwork.
- We will be enforcing rules at the event according to the government requirements in effect during that time, which may include mandatory masking and proof of vaccination.
- Individuals who do not meet the criteria required at the time (e.g. incomplete vaccination status), may not be allowed to attend.
- The latest provincial / regional restrictions can be found here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions
On the day of the event:
- For safety reasons, we restrict the height of displays at tables to a limit of 2 metres (6.56 ft) from the ground. Artists should be able to reach the top of their display with their bare hands while standing on the ground.
- Only painter’s tape allowed strictly on the walls and pillars if absolutely necessary. No other tape allowed on venue surfaces (except floors – please speak to staff for approval first).
- Please avoid clamping your displays to our tables. Our tables are plastic and may warp if clamped, or your clamp may come loose. We recommend finding alternative methods. Contact us if you have questions.
- We will be providing a maximum of two (2) chairs per table.
- No adult material should be on public display, but you may have a sign to indicate that this is available. Nothing inappropriate should be shown on the signs.
- No pets allowed in the venue, except for licensed assistance animals.
- No balloons allowed inside the venue.
More detailed event guidelines and details will be sent closer to the event.
As of 2019, all table registrations will include a membership to the Vancouver Society of the Creation of Independent Art (VSCIA) for the registering artist upon full payment. (Others sharing the table with the registering artist will not receive membership.) Membership allows you to influence decisions regarding future MiniComi events by allowing you to vote at VSCIA meetings and opt in to meeting emails. Meeting attendance and email opt-in are completely optional, but you must have membership to claim your registered table.
This membership is valid until our next Annual General Meeting.
For more details please see our Society Bylaws and contract below.
Please read the following documents before filling out the registration form.
By registering, you agree to the terms set in the contract and liability waiver.
Minors (under the age of 19) will need a parent or legal guardian read and agree to the contract and liability waiver.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1 . What should I prepare for registration?
Applicants will be required to fill in some personal information (such as name, contact information, and address). We will also need some basic information about everyone selling at the table: names and aliases, some portfolio links, and a brief description of the goods you plan to sell. Have this ready to go to make your registration smoother!
2. How can I have other people share a table with me?
Simply add them into the Registration Form.
Please update us if your group decides to add or remove a person.
Note: tables are restricted to a max of two (2) people only for our 2022 event.
3. Does everyone sharing the same table need to register?
No. Only one person needs to register for the whole table. However, everyone is required to read and accept the terms outlined in the contract and waiver prior to attending.
4. Can I send you / update my information later?
For billing and identification purposes we will need accurate personal information in your registration, but your artist / group information can be modified later by sending us an email if necessary.
5. Am I allowed to register for a table on behalf of someone else (without putting myself as the applicant)?
No. The process includes agreeing to the waiver and contract as the person applying for the table. This is also to prevent abuse of the first-come, first-serve system and the one table per person limit.
6. Can I ask to be placed close to a friend?
Yes, just specify under “special accommodations” in the registration form. We won’t be able to guarantee that you will get what you asked for, but we will try our best! You can let us know by email if anything changes.
7. Is the venue wheelchair-accessible?
Yes! If you or someone else at your table will be in a wheelchair, let us know and we will try to ensure easy accessibility to your table.