Registration is open. (Started Saturday, February 2nd, 2019, at 7:00PM / 19:00 PST.)
Please note that table spaces are already full for the year. All new registrations will be placed on waitlist with no guarantee of participation. Our automailer is currently off.
Please read the general rules, contract, and liability waiver, then use the form linked on the bottom of the page to register for your table.
Please have a square (100 x 100px) icon ready to represent yourself or your group, uploaded online and accessible through a link / URL.
Time & Location
Date: Saturday, July 6th, 2019
Time: 11am market open – 6pm market close
Location: The Pipe Shop Venue (115 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver)
|Table Size||Before or on Feb 16th, 2019
|After Feb 16th, 2019|
|Half (~3 ft x 2.5 ft)||$40||$45|
|Full (~6 ft x 2.5 ft)||$60||$70|
The venue will have air conditioning and upgraded fans this year. Table prices have changed to reflect the increased venue cost due to these upgrades.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that the tables will be sized as precisely as stated. Please design your displays accordingly.
Starting 2019, all table registrations will include a membership to the Vancouver Society of the Creation of Independent Art (VSCIA) for the registering artist upon full payment. (Others sharing the table with the registering artist will not receive membership.) Membership allows you to influence decisions regarding future MiniComi events by allowing you to vote at VSCIA meetings and opt in to meeting emails. Meeting attendance and email opt-in are completely optional, but you must have membership to claim your registered table.
For more details please see our Society Bylaws and contract below.
General Terms & Conditions
- Maximum of one table per artist.
- Tables are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
- Tables are limited. Those who register after we reach full capacity will be added to the waitlist. Waitlisted artists will be contacted in order of first come first serve if table space becomes available.
- An artist may share tables with other artists, but please keep in mind that space is limited, so only a few people can manage the table at once. Maximum of three (3) people behind a (full) table at all times.
- Works sold must be created by the artist(s) in some way. We will allow a few select exceptions, but please email us to inquire about them. Commercial/officially licensed goods are not allowed.
- If you have been accepted, an invoice should be emailed to you via PayPal within 2 weeks. (You will not receive an invoice if you are on the waitlist, unless you are notified otherwise.) If you do not receive it after 2 weeks, let us know through email. Be sure to check your spam inbox.
- Your table is not confirmed until you have paid your invoice. Simply submitting a registration form does not confirm your table.
- We only accept PayPal and credit card payments for table registrations. We do not accept in-person cash payments.
- You must pay for your table by the given deadline, or your registration will be withdrawn. We will let you know when this deadline is when invoices are sent to you.
- Cancellations within thirty (30) days of the event will not be refunded.
On the Day of the Event: Rules & Guidelines
- Artist set-up time begins at 9:30 am, 1.5 hours before the market opens at 11 am. Please try to be ready by 11 am!
- For safety reasons, we restrict the height of displays at tables to a limit of 2 metres (6.56 ft) from the ground. Artists should be able to reach the top of their display with their bare hands while standing on the ground.
- Absolutely no tape on any of the walls, windows, or pillars. Artist’s tape for the walls or pillars is acceptable if absolutely necessary. We will have some on hand at the event if needed.
- Please avoid clamping your displays to our tables. Our tables are plastic and may warp if clamped, or your clamp may come loose. We recommend finding alternative methods. Contact us if you have questions.
- We will be providing a maximum of two (2) chairs per table. You may bring an extra chair of your own, but taking a chair from the venue is not allowed. No more than three people behind a table at once.
- No adult material for sale should be publicly displayed, but you may have a sign to let people know that this is available. Nothing inappropriate should be shown on the signs.
More detailed event guidelines and details will be sent closer to the event.
Please read the following documents before filling out the registration form.
By registering, you agree to the terms set in the contract and liability waiver.
Minors (under the age of 19) should have their parent or guardian read and agree to the contract and liability waiver.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. How can I have other people share a table with me?
Simply add them into the registration form under “Artist / Group Information”. We’ll need their names/aliases and their social media links. You’ll want an icon and description for the whole group, and a brief description of what everyone is selling (for screening purposes).
Please update us if your group decides to add or remove a person.
2. Does everyone sharing the same table need to register?
Nope! Only one person needs to register for the whole table.
3. Can I send you / update my information later?
Yes! For billing purposes we will need accurate personal information, but your artist / group information is flexible and can be modified later – just send us an email. That said, we would really appreciate if everything was filled out as accurately as possible in the registration form.
4. Am I allowed to register for a table for someone else?
We would prefer that those interested register for their own tables, as the registration process includes agreeing to the waiver and contract, and submitting some personal information. There is a maximum of one table per person, so you may not register for an extra table for another person.
5. Am I obligated to participate in MiniComi’s social media promotion if I select “yes”?
Nope! We will send out an email later in the year to interested artists about our promotion plans, and whether you wish to participate or not is up to you.
6. Can I ask to be placed close to a friend?
Yes, just specify under “special accommodations” in the registration form. We won’t be able to guarantee that you will get what you asked for, but we will try our best! You can let us know by email if anything changes.
7. Is the venue wheelchair-accessible?
Yes! If you or someone else at your table will be in a wheelchair, let us know.
8. Can I bring my pet?
Animals are not allowed in the venue, except for licensed assistance animals.