Registration opens: February 22, 2020, at 6:00PM Pacific Time.
Update: We have hit our maximum capacity in registrations. Please be aware that those who sign up now may be placed on waitlist.
Important Note: We have separated the registration process from a single form into two – the Registration Form to register for a table space, and the Artist Information Form, to be filled out after initial acceptance. See details below.
Time & Location
Date: Saturday, July 11th, 2020
Time: 11am market open – 6pm market close
Location: The Pipe Shop Venue (115 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver)
|Table Size||Before or on MAR 7th, 2020
|After MAR 7th, 2020|
|Half (~3 ft x 2.5 ft)||$40||$45|
|Full (~6 ft x 2.5 ft)||$60||$70|
Please note that we cannot guarantee that the tables will be sized as precisely as stated. Please design your displays accordingly.
- Fill out the registration form linked below, after you have read and understood the terms outlined on this page, as well as the waiver and contract.
- You will be contacted via email if you have been selected for a table.¹
- You will be sent links to (1) fill out an artist information form and (2) pay your table fee through an online invoice.²
- Once we confirm that both of these are complete, you are officially fully accepted to MiniComi.
¹Because tables are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis, those who register after we reach capacity will be placed on a waitlist. Waitlist applicants will be contacted if space becomes available.
²If one or both parts of step 3 are not completed within the specified deadline, your registration will be forfeited and passed onto the next person on the waitlist.
- Please allow us up to two weeks to screen and email applicants on their status. Contact us if you do not hear back after two weeks. Be sure to check your spam inbox.
- We only accept online payments for table registrations. We do not accept in-person cash payments.
- Cancellations within thirty (30) days of the event will not be refunded.
Rules & Guidelines
- Maximum of one table per artist. An artist may share their table with other artists (please indicate who you are sharing with in the form), but one may not register for a table on behalf of someone else.
- Please keep in mind that space is limited, so only a maximum of three (3) people may be behind a (full) table at all times.
- Works sold must be created by the artist(s) in some way, and the artist(s) must have the right to sell them. We will allow a few select exceptions, but please email us to inquire about them. Reselling commercial/officially licensed goods is strictly not allowed. This is the only criteria we use to screen applicants.
On the day of the event:
- For safety reasons, we restrict the height of displays at tables to a limit of 2 metres (6.56 ft) from the ground. Artists should be able to reach the top of their display with their bare hands while standing on the ground.
- Only painter’s tape allowed strictly on the walls and pillars if absolutely necessary. No other tape allowed on venue surfaces (except floors – please speak to staff for approval first).
- Please avoid clamping your displays to our tables. Our tables are plastic and may warp if clamped, or your clamp may come loose. We recommend finding alternative methods. Contact us if you have questions.
- We will be providing a maximum of two (2) chairs per table. You may bring an extra chair of your own if needed.
- No adult material should be on public display, but you may have a sign to let people know that this is available. Nothing inappropriate should be shown on the signs.
- No pets allowed in the venue, except for licensed assistance animals.
- No balloons allowed inside the venue.
More detailed event guidelines and details will be sent closer to the event.
As of 2019, all table registrations will include a membership to the Vancouver Society of the Creation of Independent Art (VSCIA) for the registering artist upon full payment. (Others sharing the table with the registering artist will not receive membership.) Membership allows you to influence decisions regarding future MiniComi events by allowing you to vote at VSCIA meetings and opt in to meeting emails. Meeting attendance and email opt-in are completely optional, but you must have membership to claim your registered table.
This membership is valid until our next Annual General Meeting.
For more details please see our Society Bylaws and contract below.
Please read the following documents before filling out the registration form.
By registering, you agree to the terms set in the contract and liability waiver.
Minors (under the age of 19) should have their parent or guardian read and agree to the contract and liability waiver.
(available Feb 22)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1 . What should I prepare for registration?
Applicants will be required to fill in some personal information (such as name, contact information, and address). We will also need some basic information about everyone selling at the table: names and aliases, some portfolio links, and a brief description of the goods you plan to sell. Have this ready to go to make your registration smoother!
2. How can I have other people share a table with me?
Simply add them into the Registration Form. We will ask for more detailed information about your group, if you are accepted, in the Artist Information form.
Please update us if your group decides to add or remove a person.
3. Does everyone sharing the same table need to register?
Nope! Only one person needs to register for the whole table. However, everyone should read and accept the terms outlined in the contract and waiver prior to attending.
4. Can I send you / update my information later?
Yes. For billing purposes we will need accurate personal information in the Registration Form, but your artist / group information is flexible and can be modified later in the Artist Information form. Please email us to request changes if you have already submitted both forms.
5. Why am I not allowed to register for a table for someone else?
The registration process includes agreeing to the waiver and contract as yourself, or on behalf your group, and submitting personal information. This is also to prevent abuse of the first-come, first-serve system and the one table per person limit.
6. Am I obligated to participate in MiniComi’s social media promotion if I select “yes”?
Nope! We will send out an email later in the year to interested artists about our promotion plans, and whether you wish to participate or not is up to you.
7. Can I ask to be placed close to a friend?
Yes, just specify under “special accommodations” in the registration form. We won’t be able to guarantee that you will get what you asked for, but we will try our best! You can let us know by email if anything changes.
8. Is the venue wheelchair-accessible?
Yes! If you or someone else at your table will be in a wheelchair, let us know and we will try to ensure easy accessibility to your table.