Why did we choose the Pipe Shop this year?
After receiving plenty of feedback from artists and guests, we have decided that it was time for a change of pace so that we can offer everyone a better experience at MiniComi.
(Official photos here.)
The Pipe Shop venue means a lot of exciting things:
Fun and convenient
- Located right beside Lonsdale Quay Market, which offers over 80 shops, food vendors, restaurants, and artisans.
- The Farmer’s Market runs from 10am to 3pm on Saturdays.
- The Summer Sessions Concerts play from 7pm to 10pm just outside of the Pipe Shop, bringing music and dance to the square.
- Numerous shops, restaurants, and other amenities in the Lonsdale area.
- Lots of people to come check out your art, and a reason to go exploring after the event!
- Plenty of free all-day parking at the ICBC Parking Lot on weekends, located just next to the Lonsdale Quay Market.
- Plenty of street level parking.
- Easily accessible by Seabus, which can be taken from Waterfront Station.
- No more worries about heat! The Pipe Shop is large and spacious, with ventilation and ceiling fans.
- Newly renovated washrooms
- Loading zone
We are incredibly excited to host MiniComi 2018 at this new venue, and we hope that our efforts will translate into a more fun, memorable event!