Following our extremely popular registration for our last event – filling up in a record 2.5 minutes! – and hearing your feedback about accessibility, we are re-evaluating our first-come first-serve system. For the first time, we are planning to switch to a lottery-jury system. We hope that this gives everyone a chance to register at their leisure.
How this will work:
- All applicants who register during the registration open period and are eligible (i.e. comply with event rules) will first be entered into a lottery for a table space, which we’ll assign to approximately 75% of our available tables.
- The remaining 25% of tables will be selected via jury, of those who did not get selected via lottery. Applicants can choose to sign up for the jury process during registration.
The VSCIA board will be jurying entries based on a variety of aspects which we hope will create a diverse art market. We would like not to select for “the best” artists, but to focus on reducing overlap between artist niches and providing a more interesting experience for attendees.
Ideally, we want MiniComi to offer a range of:
- Original art and fan-inspired art
- Types of available goods: e.g. printed artwork, crafts, apparel, and accessories
- Artists of all experience, styles, and skill levels
We will also be limiting changes regarding table sharing: we will require all artists who plan on selling together at one table to register together, and we won’t be able to accommodate swaps after registration closes. Artists sharing a table will be juried together as a group.
As this will be our first time implementing this system, we kindly ask for your patience while we adjust and work through our placement process. There may be some delays in getting out acceptance emails compared to previous years.
Finally, thank you so much for all of the support throughout the years! MiniComi would not be the success it is today without the enthusiasm of all of our lovely artists. If you would like to provide any feedback or have any questions about registration, feel free to send us a message through our contact page.